Michael Yudelson is ACTNext’s senior research scientist in the multimodal analytics group. Prior to joining the team, Michael was a research scientist at Carnegie Mellon University and before that, a research scientist at Carnegie Learning. Broadly, his research focuses on modeling cognition and knowledge acquisition. Michael earned Candidate of Sciences degree in Computer-Aided Design from Ivanovo State Power University, Russia and his PhD from the University of Pittsburgh.
His current areas of interest include the following topics, with more information available here.
- Adaptive [Educational] Hypermedia
- Adaptive Navigation Support
- [Educational] Data Mining
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Intelligent Tutoring Systems
- Interactive Systems Design, Usability, and Evaluation
- Social Web and Social Navigation Support
- Service-Based Adaptation Provision
- Performance and Scalability of Distributed User-Adaptive Systems
- User-Adapted Interaction
- User and Student [Cognitive] Modeling